Sunday, July 16, 2006

Con-tempt

So, after the strenuous exertions of Origins, I and other people got to discussing the possibility of having convention here in Lexington. Because aparently we have far too much time on our hands as it is.

But, it is abjectly obvious to us that Lexington has a great big hole in it where a con should be. We plan to start small and pay for the first one mostly out of our own pocket. If we can actually defray our costs on the day of, that'd be great.
It would be a game day to start, possibly becoming a weekend as we go along.

I may be in charge of the larp stuff. God help me.

More on this as it forms up.

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would totally be there!!

~Traci

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger B.Vandgrift said...

as someone who's run a con in this town before, it's not a simple undertaking. give yourself two years of lead time to start with and get the right buzz going. lexington isn't big enough to host a con with many tracks of scheduling and much other than local celebrities. if you need some advice and/or help, let me know.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Reverend Peter Sears said...

Ya know Ben, We could probably use some of that help at some point. But we're still in the planning and figuring stages.

Gryftir. I have a few. Look backwards in the Crank Report and you'll find most of them. I don't tend to talk about larps that i'm currently involved in because it's a bit rude sometimes. In any event, i tend to leave off the name to protect the innocent.

Traci. I'd be expecting it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home