Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A slight change in focus

Some of you know that i used to have another blog called the T.I. Research Blog which was a bit more like a regular diary kind of blog. I had to stop writing that blog because the political situation in America has become so utterly miserable that i couldn't write about without becoming angry. That, and others have found a way to do so with a much lighter heart than i can muster. So I stopped.

But, lately it occured to me that i might want to occasionally talk about events and trends and such things here, as long as i can figure out a way to link the ideas and content back to games and gaming.

Because as horrifying as the Neocon hegemony is, thirty more years of it would make for a unbelievably cool game setting.
I know this to be fact.

Are you like me, insofar as when you hear about some horrifying tragedy or attrocity, you might feel guilt, or sadness or a desire to help in some way, but something in the back of your mind is trying to work it into a game setting? I KNOW i'm not alone on this one.

So, at least once a week i'll try to collect some headlines and news stories and toss them into the old game spinner.
Which is a great deal like a salad spinner. In fact, my game spinner IS an old salad spinner. Yard sales. You KNOW I love them.

Sono Finito

3 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger B.Vandgrift said...

i would say here that the problem with the current administration is more with trying to please everyone and being wishy-washy and middle-of-the-road than any neocon tendencies that bush thinks he has. i don't actually mark him as a neocon.

speaking as someone who in a bad light looks like a neocon. in the original and meaning ww2 sense, not in the 'it's fun for mtv and jon stewart to put a label on things' sense.

in a better light, i look a lot more like a capitalist.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Reverend Peter Sears said...

You're more of an old school conservative than anything else. You yourself have gone on record as saying that the federal government has no business interfering in people personal lives. Mainly because that crap costs money!

I concur, but for different reasons of course.

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....That's because we old conservatives don't mind being TOLD what to think, it's the Establishment now telling us what we CAN'T SAY that is infuriating! The FCC is obsolete, and needs to be disbanded. Leave it up to the viewer what is offensive or not. And if these sensitive-eared folk are worried what their kids are watching, then maybe they should stop farming them out to day-care and neighbors, and take a little responsibility. Sheesh.

.....I've never used a salad spinner. I do have one of those big nylon bags on can put a whole mess of fresh-washed collard greens in, go outside, and spin in wildly in a circle to get the water out. I'm more of a hand-washed, everything-peeled, and break each piece of spinach apart by hand-kind of salad maker. And I hate bottled salad dressing. All the calories, and none of the taste. All one needs is extra virgin olive oil, wine vinegar, sea salt and black pepper grinder. Mmmm. Now that's a salad!

.....I know what you mean about swiping game-fodder from disasters. I lifted the entire Healthsouth/Richard Scrushy corporate sacrifice bull$h!t in its entirety, only with the names changed. And I figure Hurricane Katrina-flavored Armageddon stories have made the rounds, too.

.....I'm not one to feel too guilty. I got beat nigh to death with it as a youngling, and have built up a serious tolerance. Some say I'm cold blooded. Why should I feel guilty that corrupt engineers and politicians in another state conspired to skim and skimp on levee projects?

JH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home