Saturday, December 24, 2005

A Christmas Wish

Generally speaking, i'm not one to use the Crank as a means to send out a personal message. It's more of a soapbox really for my ideas on gaming and sundry geek topics that strike my fancy.

But tonight, I feel that maybe, just maybe it might be worth getting a bit personal.

I get the blues every Christmas. Normally by the day it rolls around, the season has worked it's ineffable transformation on me and I end up having a good time anyway. But the run-up is always hard for me for some reason. At least this year, i managed to avoid my usual Christmas cold.

This year wasn't especially heinous. the hardest thing to do deal with was extra crap at work and a distinct lack of Gertrude in my life. Gertrude is far away and I am missing her somewhat fiercely. It's making for a case of Teh Blues.

But, as bad as that is. and as EASY as it is to sink into my own personal pity party...I have to say that it's bunk.

I have a host of good friends.
I have a decent job, working for good folks.
I have a kitty who loves me very much.
I have a family that i both love AND get along with.
I have a rich life in games in in my creative work.

So. If you are reading this blog. I have a wish for you.
I hope that you will be able to see each and every one of your blessing for what it is.

Jah Love to you all.
-Pete

3 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Pete.

You too Acid.

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....And a happy New Year to all!

JH

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

merry christmas, pete - hope your new years eve is a good one.

=)

jenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home